Saturday, March 03, 2007

We are waiting...

Counting down… 38 weeks plus 3… Officially we’ll be meeting J on the 15th March 2007, after I go in to King Eddies on the 14th for induction, but unofficially baby and I are plotting to jump the queue and get things moving ourselves. I’m not quite sure how we’re going to do this, but our current program involves lots of walking and visualisation. It should also involve lots of house-cleaning, probably, but I’ve decided he’s more likely to come while I’m unprepared (at least that’s my excuse), so I’m leaving the house a mess.

Otherwise we’re good to go- the car capsule is fitted, the cord blood collection is all set up, the cot is made up and the clothes and nappies are washed. I’ve even packed our hospital bags.

At least the weather’s a bit cooler now, and the rain has saved me from lawn-watering, although with more 38 degree days forecast next week, I can expect more puffy feet and sweatbaths. Counting down…

R is back down at the farm, working hard at the feedlot, and hopefully getting in a bit of training with Fred (for the Wagin trial next weekend) and some of the youngsters. The baby pups are all weaned and almost ready to go to their new homes. They’ve even been getting some of this rain, so the dams might be getting a bit of a puddle at the bottom.

The city boys (Jack, Mud and Bill) are lazing around with me, lots of walking, the odd coffee at a river café, and we even went to agility training for a night out last week. Might pop along to the Classic this weekend, just to watch.

No comments: