Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thanks, Subi Vet

Yesterday I had one of the worst days of my life, in many ways. I just cannot catalogue how horrible life has been recently.

Then to top it all off, on Sunday night I was grooming my much neglect little Joycat, and found a couple of wounds, healing but with yucky stuff caked around, looked like an abscess had burst in at least one place. There was another little scab lower down, over her lower rib cage, and I thought I could feel a large lump underneath (its kind of hard, because she's small and quite fluffy). It seemed painful, and she's lost some weight recently, and suddenly my brain went haywire with worst-case-scenarios.

Took her into the vet in the afternoon, and the vet listened to my histrionics, sympathised, and had a good look at the cat, gently and thoroughly... and then explained to me that she thought the scratches were minor, probably a fight, were healing well, and she could see what I was concerned about, but (and somehow she didn't make me feel like a total idiot) she thought it was a floating rib.

And then- she didn't charge me. With my current financial situation, that was a Godsend.
Thankyou, Subiaco Vet.

(I'd like to add, this was not a first off- Greg also looked at Muddy's infected sutures after the akita attack and advised me on management, a full and standard consultation from my point of view, and again didn't charge, even though his practice had not seen Muddy in relation to that injury)

No comments: