Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sprung!

It's spring. Real spring, the kind that follows a real winter. The world has turned green, the dams are full, life springs from the earth. The lambs, relieved of tails and testicles, gambol along the dam banks; the first bobtails sun themselves on the warm tarmac and squish juicily under passing vehicles; and I have my first sunburn for the season.



It's been a long time between blogs. Crops are in, lambs are marked, sheep are drenched and jetted. We skipped a lot of trials, but did get along to the State Yard & Utility Champs- R's Tom made the Open utility final in his first utility trial (along with Tess), and Queani amd Muddy both worked unexpectedly well to place 2nd and 3rd in the Novice yard. Detailed post to follow.


The Ginger Biscuit says, “Sit down! I want two bits! Giraffe!„ Farmboy rides a big kid bike. They bring me flowers and drive me joyfully nuts.


The Special New Ute sports a Special New dog box.

I am still figuring out how to blog from my Special New Phone.

And here we are at Dowerin for the Australian Supreme Sheepdog Championships.

1 comment:

Tanda Hill Farm said...

Have been waiting and waiting for an update Sam. Couldnt be stuffed doing my blog. Get more enjoyment out of reading yours.