Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feeling Feedjitty

If I'm ever in need of a brief internet timewaster, I can't go past Feedjit.

When I started this blog four years ago, it was basically intended as a photo repository. Since then its been a way to communicate with friends and family in other places, to share photos efficiently, and just to exercise my creativity occasionally. And now that I've gone all rural, and I'm such a shocking slacker with email and the phone (blame Bigpond and Telstra!), sometimes it's the only way people know I'm still alive.

In the olden days, I used to be occasionally gobsmacked when, running into someone I hadn't seen for ages, they'd comment on how BabyJ and the pups are growing, because they've been following my blog. Gasp! I have followers! And now, with my newfangled gadget, I can follow them too.

Of course there's the usual offenders, family and friends from the Big Smoke, my Internet Friends from around Australia,Canada, Japan, the UK, Germany and Switzerland and the US who get sick of waiting for me to reply to email, and the regular "can't help myself" check ins from Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park, but we also get pop ins from Finland to Korea and almost everywhere in between.

Where do these people come from? Some must be accidental tourists who trip while Googling "royal oops", "cat bothering" or "dirty bottomed sheep" and land here. I'm not sure what they were hoping to find, but I'm fairly certain this wasn't it. Some are searching for information about Harrington crutching cradles, sheepdog and pedigree information, and maybe there's something useful here. Maybe not.

Anyway, on those days when I feel like no-one listens to anything I say, all I have to do is look at my Feedjit and I see that someone from Sweden is hearing me. Maybe only accidentally and for less than 26 seconds, but still...

Love youse all.

3 comments:

BCxFour said...

Hello from Orting, WA, USA.

We pop up on Feedjit as Bonney Lake, WA USA - for some reason our ISP says that instead of where we are actually located. *sigh* it is close enough I guess...

Isn't Feedjit cool?

-Carolynn

Sam said...

Hmm, that is odd. Yeah, I love my Feedjit, even if I don't know who half the visitors are. Nice to meet you anyway!

kestrel said...

Hello and coming in from Malaysia so you can add one more to your list of countries. Yes, sometimes i am a bit tickled that some one else is reading my chatter but I love it.