Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One week old

5 left. Just after I posted the last photos, something happened to the white headed girl. We aren't sure, but it looked likely that Fly had accidentally smothered her, because she was big and active and feeding well one minute, and not breathing the next. So we're down to 5 pups, and unfortunately only one girl. I'd had my heart set on a girl from this litter, but we'd already lined up a wonderful home for a girl pup, and after much thought (and whinging), I've decided to let her go to them anyway. So I'll have to wait for my Esme. We'll probably keep at least a couple of the boys to run on, and maybe I'll take one of them myself (Tadhg, perhaps?).

We were lucky enough to have Nan Lloyd looking after them for us so we could go to the State 3 sheep trial over the weekend- huge thanks, Nan!- and apart from doing the ENS exercises with the Maggots, she must have spoiled Fly rotten. She's refused to even think about commercial dog food and is holding out for the good raw stuff.





















Blaze/socks boy- active, quite noisy:





















Dark boy- the smallest:




















Half face boy- probably my favourite at the moment:

























White head boy, the biggest and greediest- the insides of his ears are black, and his eyelids are going black, so we're hoping for dark eyeliner:























Little girl- at the moment she's very placid, not bothered by the ENS exercises, just easy going. She has a zigzag at the back of her neck, just like Ziggy as a pup:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh Sam I like the markings on the little girl...
Kriszty

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the little (big) lady. Hope the others continue to thrive. Best of luck with them, they are very cute.