Sunday, December 14, 2008

At last!

It finally feels like summer (or at least spring). The world is hot blue above and brown below and the hard light makes your skin hum. I can't cook during the day because the smell of warm food brings hordes of flies swarming the kitchen where all night they ricochet from wall to window, dying violently and loudly on every surface. Every trip to town involves at least one swerve to avoid a bobtail sunning on the bitumen and cicadas and frogs have begun their evening carolling.

It's harvest time, so R has been out mucking around with big machinery. I've been working on the veggie garden and chook pen, and trying to revive my ancient laptop in preparation for next year's study. As part of the restoration, I'm clearing off some of the thousands of videos I've taken or downloaded over the years. Most of them have been binned, but a few are kind of interesting, so I'm going to put some of them up here. Some involve other people's dogs, and I'm trying to ask everyone individually if it's OK with them, but if I've omitted to ask you and it's not OK, just let me know. So expect a bit of a videofest in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: