Finished. Christmas, harvest, 2008. All done.
What's that noise?
Uncle Dave's header:
The header gets full quickly:
Header to chaser bin (capably driven by Beta, Dave's other half):
Chaser bin to truck:
What is Unca Mike wearing?!
Hanging out with Aunty Kate:
Now the fun begins!
The plan for 2009:
- Crack on with GP training- somehow find regular study time and some degree of organisation.
- Get fit. The baby-weight excuse isn't cutting it now I don't have a baby anymore, and I miss running for the stress relief. Plus I have a wardrobe full of nice clothes I don't fit into.
- Train my dogs! This year's aims are Pinky casting and taking her sides, Queani getting fit for trialling, and doing something with Ziggy and Bart. Bill is going to stick to 3 sheeping, and the pups will just be pups. Fly- hmmm...
- Train a dog in J location.
- Keep up with the garden, aiming for a productive veggie patch all year round, a decent thriving herb garden, pruned and netted grapes and fruit trees, and a surviving lawn, somehow without emptying the dams. First step- two more compost heaps.
- Poultry- get the chook tractor fixed, get the chooks going, and start planning for a decent (?orchard based) chook run. Investigate ducks and guinea fowl.
- Learn to crutch.
- Learn to do something useful re cropping (somehow overcoming my deepseated auger phobia).
- Write and draw, at least once a month.
- Start wearing a hat, sunnies and sunscreen every day.
- Succeed with the farm expansion. Twice the work, same man-power, but I know we can do it.
- Perimeter fencing around the house.
- Have some sort of holiday.
- Get the house properly unpacked after moving in (over 12 months ago).
- See more of family and friends in Perth and down here.
Happy New Year!